Thursday, March 7, 2013

Season 1, Episode 4 – Let’s Give the Boy a Hand


Now the Ice Truck Killer is leaving his grisly souvenirs in places connected to Dexter’s past.   And the fingerprints on the hand belong to Tony Tucci.  Oh Boy, LaGuerta really screwed the pooch on this one.  Ha ha ha … I gleefully rejoice even though I already know it will work out for her in the end.  My favorite part of this episode is where Batista asks “what did Captain say, did she cry?” … Yes, I’m gleeful about her downfall, even though it’s only momentary (her downfall, not my glee).  And yeah, my glee lasted all of 3 minutes, because in the very next scene Mrs. Tucci THANKS LaGuerta for coming to tell her in person and just wants her son’s body brought to her so she can bury him.  Would have been nice to see her rip into LaGuerta just a little bit!!

I want to know why Doakes asks Dexter all these questions that have nothing to do with blood … questions that are more for a serial killer profiler than a spatter analyst and then when Dexter says he can’t answer, Doakes’ snappy reply is “Well what fucking good are you?”  I mean Doakes seems to have problems enough of his own dealing with Cara Simmons brother and his cop friends and getting beat up by Guerrero’s men.   I maybe feel a little bad for him.  Maybe … a little.  Turns out he gets rescued by Cara Simmons’ brother … it was all a set up to get Guerrero.  Doakes doesn’t seem as angry at this as I would have been.

Dexter discovers through blood flow analysis that Tony Tucci is still alive.  And then LaGuerta calls Tony Tucci’s mother  to tell her Tony is still alive … that totally cements her as a savior in this lady’s eyes … damn … that glee I felt at the beginning went away WAY too fast.  LaGuerta also goes to the church and prays with Tucci’s mama … jeez.

Dexter gives them the insight that the Ice Truck Killer is dumping the parts in places that have changed and on THIS Doakes takes him seriously.   And of course, he gives me a little chuckle when he tells LaGuerta that she’s the only person people hate more than him … hate camaraderie is always amusing.

Deb offers Dexter a million dollars to help her find the next dump location and he refuses … he goes to investigate but picks the wrong place anyway … The next body part shows up in the pumpkin patch … not a place that changed, but a place that Dexter has a photo of him and his family.  Rita then gives Dexter the key … Harry, who is always with Dexter and is the common denominator in all the photos that the Ice Truck Killer is using. 

So because the Ice Truck killer so considerately puts a little smiley face on the back of a photo, Dexter knows where to go.   Dexter finds Tony Tucci.  It’s pathetic the way he begs for Dexter to kill him and just please don’t cut anything else off him.  The Ice Truck Killer left him there for Dexter to finish off.  Now at this point you’d really think Dex might wonder how the fuck this guy knows that Dexter is a killer and even the tools Dexter uses.  Dex calls Deb and tells her where Tucci is (anonymously of course).  So Deb gets to be a hero.   LaGuerta even lets Deb work the crime scene.  Granted, it’s grudging, but it’s something.

Ah the cute little neighbor’s dog … “Hey you put Walter inside, Walter’s an inside dog” … what a bitch this neighbor lady is … I’d like to see Dexter … oh but wait, she doesn’t meet the code.  How unfortunate.  Rita tries to speak to the neighbor bitch as well and neighbor bitch laughs at her.  While I admit that Rita getting all tough is kinda … cutsie … the woman is just a real jerk.  Stealing the dog is a nice solution.  Seeing the beagle hanging out and barking from the back seat of the pimp mobile lifted my heart!

All that law breaking must have put Rita is a REALLY frisky mood because she comes over Dexter’s place (see, pushy Rita) dressed as Laura Croft Tomb Raider and gives Dexter a … ummmm … nice surprise.  Dexter’s voiceover commentary during this:  “I’ve come to appreciate the quiet comfortable moments with Rita.  This might be better”.   So much for no interest in sex …

Batista showing Dexter all the anniversary presents for his wife is kinda cute – first the four leaf clover, then “OX” (diamond filled hugs and kisses), a little bit of comic relief how Dexter judges the gifts.  Dying to know what Socio mean … Batista keeps calling Dexter Socio.  Batista had a good reason to be so concerned about the 10 year anniversary gift.  Turns out Angel Batista’s wife left him … so sad.  Even if he does say things like tits and butterface and bronco.  He might be crass, but he seems sweet.   He leaves the diamond key to his heart at his daughter’s bedside.  My heart may have broken a little for him.

Once again, there are flashbacks with Harry, but Dex has no conversations with him.  When do they start?


Dexter’s Body Count:

NONE!  Seriously, two in a row …

Quotes of the Episode:

I love Halloween.  The one time of year when everyone wears a mask.  Not just me.  People think it’s fun to pretend you’re a monster.  But me, I spend my life pretending I’m not.

He’s recreating my past with Tony Tucci’s body parts.

Bully is a felony waiting to happen.

Sometimes I’m not sure where Harry’s vision of me stops and the real me starts.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your comments and views.