Monday, March 4, 2013

Season 1 - Episode 3: Popping Cherry



I love Dexter’s giant umbrella on the beach to keep the sun off him during Ricky Simmons’ funeral.  I have to admit, I could care less about the Doakes/Carlos Guerrero parts of this episode.  I do feel just SLIGHTLY bad for Doakes that Cara Simmons’ cop brother and his cronies set him up with Guerrero.

Jeremy Downs reminds Dexter of himself I’m sure.  The fact that Dexter interrupts Jeremy’s possible kill and then really runs into an alligators is friggin’ hysterical.  And his running into the tree is classic.  These are the laugh out loud moments I love about this show.  And then the little bastard broke into Dexter’s car … punk!!!  When Dexter finds out that Jeremy Downs was raped and that’s the reason he killed the guy 4 years ago it solidifies the kinship he feels with him.  Jeremy Downs was just “taking out the garbage like I do”.  So he takes his wallet and leaves Jeremy alive.

Sometimes I wonder what a real search of Dexter’s hard drive would turn up.  Doesn’t everything leave a footprint?

Rita’s ex-husband’s drug dealer:  “you think you can take me with your little shovel” … I wish Dex had bashed his fucking brains in.

I love the male banter in this episode … Butterface … Pull a bronco.  Masuka and Batista cracked me up with that.

Tony Tucci is the  night watchman in the hockey arena where the Ice Truck Killer leaves the latest victim.  Deb actually says “unless the Ice Truck Killer abducted him”… maybe she is smarter than I gave her credit for … LaGuerta really puts her foot in it by declaring Tony Tucci the Ice Truck Killer.

More Harry flash backs in this episode, but no current day conversations with him.  The Harry deathbed scenes are eerie … Harry looks so sunken and ill … and it’s somehow ironic that Dexter’s first victim is Harry’s nurse.  Her whole horrid room wrapped in plastic and Dexter wrestling with her – his kill suit made him look like he was going to a Halloween party dressed as a giant condom.  His stabs at the nurse were almost tentative … and I love Mr. Stinker Tinker’s purring in the background.

The hookers in Miami really aren’t that attractive and they don’t dress well.  I do love the parallel between LaGuerta and a pimp – I got a chuckle out of that.  The hookers TELL Deb not to piss off her pimp and yet Deb still went around LaGuerta to the captain.  Then again, she did try to tell LaGuerta about the station wagon … and LaGuerta discounts this.  And then of course the Captain tells LaGuerta if Tucci’s not the guy she’ll be left holding the bag.  Oh it will be a happy day when this happens!

Dexter is awesome with kids … I want him to babysit mine.  The splinter fairy indeed.  And the sight of Rita and the kids riding around in the pimp mobile at the end  left a big shit eating grin on my face J.

Dexter's Body Count:
No victims this episode – Jeremy Downs was released by Dexter

Quotes of the Episode:
If I had a heart it might be breaking right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your comments and views.